Tuesday 25 June 2013

Battle zone : Internet.

Not much long ago, a very uncalled for thing happened with me. Its exam season, and with stupid exams comes a heap load of disappointments as most of us know. P.s. the ‘us’ does not involve, those who get through the exam with anything more than bare minimum.  So, scorched by the pressure of bringing a bad name to my family, I had gone under depression, which I imagine as a grave in my mind.
                     


Just to put my mind at rest, I was infinitely scrolling on facebook , as I tend to do most of the time nowadays, owning to my inactivity in life.
                  




And I updated a status, as I upload everyday out of habit. It was a sarcastic acknowledgement of the fact that my results are taking me nowhere but being appointed as a maidservant. 

                     



Two days later, when I checked the post, I found that a guy, who was about four years senior to me in school, had commented on it. At first I was overcome by bliss to see the notification because, it had been a long time we hadn’t talked. And the excitement of seeing what he wrote bubbled inside me as the site loaded at sloth speed.



















But to my utter surprise, he commented something rude. I was not in mood to fight, so I jovially asked him why he was he being so rude to me. To that he replied pretty offensively telling me that he is not rude and I should get off the net and stop putting up posts about EVERYTHING! And that was it, it started cyber warfare!
















He was almost making me seem guilty over the fact that i publish about ‘EVERYTHING’.  However it seemed completely dumb and invalid a point to me. For he is a kind of person who likes and comments on the pictures of other girls who change their profile pictures at a rate of 24 per day! And a tiny harmless post of mine, made him go absolutely psychotic? Well, that’s obnoxious!





However, I dint go there, just as yet. I told him, that’s what people do on social networking sites. Give out their views and pictures for free and scale their popularity based on the number of likes. I’d never get the logic behind that though!




 And he spontaneously commented back that social networking sites are not about talking and telling everybody every damn thing that you do every second of everyday... it was invented to keep people connected. I knew he was right.



However, now, the scenario is completely different. Instead of bringing people closer, social networking sites are making them drift apart. Outing with friends has been replaced by group chats. Instead of keeping good memories, we have become more interested in getting good photographs. And through our incessant efforts all we are trying to portray is that we are really having a good time. Now one question... if you were really having that much of a blast as the picture reveals, you felt like putting everything on pause, just for a photograph? Weird.
                 



Facebook has now become, a high school gone online, almost like living life over the internet. And your every move is being judged. Some come out of it pretty good, for other’s there’s always Picasa. ;)  


                      

4 comments:

  1. Also, loved the illustrations! Teach me how to do it when you are here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there indidamsel blogspot information or the article which u had posted was simply superb and to say one thing that this was one of the best information which I had seen so far, thanks for the information #BGLAMHAIRSTUDIO
    https://bit.ly/3eDjmZV

    ReplyDelete